In this role, you will be responsible for installing, maintaining and troubleshooting our WebSphere middleware environment as a core component of the bank’s business critical applications.
Principal duties and responsibilities :
• Troubleshoot any issues in the WebSphere environment, analyze root cause and provide corrective measures; work closely with vendor and/or infrastructure provider until a solution is found, successfully implemented and properly documented;
• Handle 24/7 on call rotation for production issues; ensure escalation process is followed;
• Provide support in code deploy, change management and application level troubleshooting for existing WebSphere environments; Interface with developers for application projects; be involved in integrating and testing applications;
• Provide technical input and requirements for the design and implementation of new WebSphere infrastructure; work in close collaboration with our infrastructure provider;
• Install, configure, tune and upgrade WebSphere environment according to production or project requirements and constraints;
• Setup load balancing, clustering and failover;
• Be involved in the application migration process after WebSphere upgrade;
• Configure connections and security settings for WebSphere Application Server (WAS);
• Develop and deploy shell scripts to automate deployment, maintenance and administration tasks;
• Ensure a constant level of availability and performance of the WebSphere middleware environment by monitoring environment performance and proactively implement measures;
• Design and perform backup and recovery procedure for WebSphere;
• Develop and maintain WebSphere environment-related support documentation;
• Provide consultation and analysis to improve quality, accuracy and efficiency;
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Qualifications:
• Master’s degree in computer science or information systems;
• IBM Certification is a must;
• 3-5 years of experience in a similar position, ideally in the banking or financial sector;
• Hands on experience in the installation, configuration, tuning/sizing, clustering, deployment and problem resolution of WebSphere Middleware components.
• Ability to use or develop tools to automate maintenance, configuration changes, password changes, deployments and migrations of WebSphere Middleware components.
• Ability to install and configure WebSphere AS servers, MQ servers and IBM Integration Bus (IIB). Perform MQ System Management, performance tuning, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
• Excellent UNIX (IBM AIX / Linux RHEL) experience; proficiency in shell scripting ;
• Previous experience providing IT support in a 24-hour operational environment preferred;
Personal Skills :
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills
• Positive Attitude and Customer Focus
• Excellent Communication Skills in English and French (Verbal, Written, Interpersonal, Proactive listening)
• Innovative thinking and problem solving
• Ability to work under stress and meet tight deadlines;
• Effective time management;
• Mentoring / teaching ; willingness to share knowledge and to provide guidance to junior staff;
• Ability to demonstrate proficiency with troubleshooting principles, methodologies and incident resolution techniques;
• Willingness to work nights, weekends and holidays as required
Technical environment :
• Middleware : IBM Websphere (WAS, MQ, ESB, IIB), Microsoft IIS;
• Databases : Oracle DB, Oracle Exadata, Microsoft SQL;
• Programming and scripting : Oracle PL/SQL, Korn Shell, VB script, Python, Java;
• Operating Systems : Linux RHEL, IBM AIX, Microsoft Windows, IBM z/OS;
• Virtualisation : VMWare ESX, IBM PowerVC.
To consult our Job Applicant Privacy Notice (compliant with GDPR) please follow this link : https://www.exigo.lu/privacy-policy/#japnApply By Email
Make sure to attach your resume for eligibility.