In this role, you will design, install, administer and support multiple databases run by our business-critical applications;
Principal duties and responsibilities :
• Provide database support and troubleshooting for a number of business-critical applications coupled to our database architecture (mainly Oracle);
• Maintain optimal database performance by proposing database configuration/parameters according to application requirements and database infrastructure;
• Proactively manage data volume evolution by implementing capacity planning measures;
• Be the guardian of data security by implementing and maintaining control access permissions/privileges and monitoring security-related logs;
• Protect data integrity by developing, managing and testing database backup/restore and disaster recovery scenario;
• Develop and maintain database-related documentation (including data standards, procedures and definition for the data dictionary);
• Communicate with project and development teams to define database needs and constraints;
• Analyze, design and setup new databases according to BAU and project-related needs;
• Make sure databases constantly comply with existing regulatory and legal requirements, adapt and modify whenever necessary;
• Be involved in the evolution of our database infrastructure in tight collaboration with our infrastructure provider;
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Qualifications:
• Master’s degree in computer science or information systems;
• Oracle Database certification is a must;
• 3-5 years of experience in a similar position, ideally in the banking or financial sector;
• Hands-on knowledge of Oracle Database, PL/SQL; Oracle RAC; Oracle Exadata;
• Previous experience providing IT support in a 24-hour operational environment preferred;
• System analysis and design skills : knowledge of data flow diagrams, data dictionary techniques, CASE tools, entity-relation modeling and design techniques;
• Data design skills : knowledge of database normalization theory, STAR schema design and data modeling techniques;
• Physical disk storage skills : understanding of disk hardware architecture, RAID implementation, cache controllers and disk load balancing;
• Data Security skills : understanding of relational database security including role-based security;
• Backup and Recovery skills : knowledge of third-party backup software, proven real-world experience in implementing backup and recovery methods.
Personal Skills :
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills
• Positive Attitude and Customer Focus
• Excellent Communication Skills in English and French (Verbal, Written, Interpersonal, Proactive listening)
• Innovative thinking and problem solving
• Ability to work under stress and meet tight deadlines;
• Effective time management;
• Mentoring / teaching ; willingness to share knowledge;
• Ability to demonstrate proficiency with troubleshooting principles, methodologies and incident resolution techniques;
• Willingness to work nights, weekends and holidays as required.
Technical environment :
• Databases : Oracle DB, Oracle Exadata, Microsoft SQL;
• Middleware : IBM WebSphere (WAS, MQ, ESB);
• Programming and scripting : Oracle PL/SQL, Korn Shell, VB script, Python, Java;
• Operating Systems : Linux RHEL, IBM AIX, Microsoft Windows, IBM z/OS;
• Virtualisation : VMWare ESX, IBM PowerVC.
Make sure to attach your resume for eligibility.